Could you be our next crew member?
If you are excellent at customer service & enjoy challenging technical IT work, join us to apply your skills to join our crack team on the Hobart waterfront.
We're looking for an experienced
Customer Supporter / Network Administrator
to join our crew.
- NB: Only applicants who follow the “How To Apply” instructions listed below will be able to progress to an interview. Non-compliant applications will not receive a response.
About PopUp WiFi:
PopUp WiFi is a Tasmanian company that manufactures & rents managed plug’n’play internet appliances for professional productions across Australia and the USA. We are in the business of ensuring events can run their critical functions like cashless payments and live streams without a hitch. We have bases in Hobart, Sydney, and Los Angeles. Our customers are from events, production, non-profit organisations, and government agencies.
Join our team as a Customer Supporter (Network Administrator). You’ll manage our networks and be a part of our Solutions team, providing top-notch customer support, handling inquiries and logistics for producers in Australia and the US.
- Network Management: Configure and manage networking equipment for reliability.
- Troubleshooting: Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Systems Support: Manage operating systems (e.g., Windows, Linux) to support our network.
- Database Basics: Maintain data integrity and security.
- Cloud Services: Work with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS) to optimize services.
- Scripting: Use scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Python) for automation and APIs.
- Phone System: Manage a cloud-based phone system (preferably 3CX).
- Customer Service: Deliver exceptional support for inquiries, logistics, and technical assistance.
- Logistics Duties: Perform basic logistics, including inventory management.
- Customer Inquiries: Address customer inquiries for quotes and assistance promptly.
- Proven Network Administration experience.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Operating system management knowledge.
- Basic database understanding (preferably MySQL).
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS).
- Scripting proficiency (e.g., Bash, Python).
- Experience with cloud-based phone systems (preferably 3CX).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- A helpful attitude and an interest in events.
You’ll report to the Chief Technical Officer as part of the PopUp WiFi Solutions Team.
How to Apply:
Have a look around our website and make sure you understand what we do.
Essential: Write a cover letter addressed to Nina McMahon answering these two questions:
- Tell us one thing you learned from visiting our website or social media.
- What would make you a great member of the PopUp WiFi team.
Applications without the letter will not progress.
We will respond within 3 working days to arrange a phone interview. People who progress to the next stage will be asked to undertake a Whole Brain Thinking assessment and attend up to two face-to-face interviews. The successful candidates will be appointed by December 8th, 2023.
PopUp WiFi is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. You must have unrestricted rights to work in Australia.